April 18, 2013

Finding a Roommate is Like Finding a Prom Date

One thing I've thought about with this blog the fact that I have to censor myself. Usually I wouldn't but because I made this with the urging of my friends, I can't use this to vent too much, or I look crazy. So, everything I type here has to be something I would say to the faces of the people I am talking about and a bit ambiguous. Not that I am a mean spirited person who wants to gripe about people all the time, but I just have to watch what I say. I don't want to be like the blogs in high school that got people suspended. Now this is sounding bad. Maybe I should just delete that whole intro..

I am looking for a roommate for the upcoming school year. I was going to stay with my roommate this year but there was a little bit of a falling out within our group of friends and things got awkward. I think things got awkward, and people are a little bit worried about her. I really don't know what happened, but what's done is done.

 I've noticed that finding a new roommate this late in the year is like finding a prom date. You're desperately seeking someone who isn't completely weird and would actually want to room with you. You only have so much time and everyone else is already taken. Additionally there is the worry that when you ask the other person will turn you down. That basically just summed up how high school prom went, but maybe that's only something I had a problem with. I just don't want to live with someone random next year. I've seriously considered just commuting next year, but I would probably not enjoy that either.

Also, I've decided to change my major. I've been telling everyone it's going to be official and I have to see an adviser tomorrow. I think I'm making the right choice. I've just been feeling a little uneasy about it. I feel that way about every decision though. Just deciding whether to buy something at the store or ordering at a restaurant gives me that feeling.

I also would like to include this amazing photo of my friend Shirali. Whenever I feel bad I look at it and no one can feel bad after seeing this picture.





~Noelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment