December 21, 2013

Musings of a Semester Gone By

I originally wrote this post when I got home from school last Saturday, set it aside, then edited it, and reedited it. I cut some parts, and added some parts.

This semester probably wins for most eventful. I came in ready for anything. It was different from the first time around because I already had friends and I already knew what to expect, or I thought I did. I spent most of this semester surprisingly happy. I don’t really know why, but for the most part I was really happy.

I came in August for Major Events Committee, which I wouldn’t do again, but had an okay time doing. It was basically just college camp. We saw speakers and then helped move people in to their dorms. I got a lot of free t-shirts.

Major Events (Never again though)


Classes started. They went alright. I got yelled at for cell phone usage 2 weeks in during biology class, which basically gave me an irrational fear of the professor.

Our friend group sort of disintegrated. I don’t really know what happened. I guess we all changed, and there were left over fights. I made really good friends with smaller group of people I stayed with in this weird separation, and I stayed friends with everyone for the most part, so that's cool.

I’ve also spent a lot more time with my Christian homeschool friends, something that has been a bit mind blowing. I don’t really know how that happened. But I really like them.

I’ve been working a little on the religion thing. I kind of like the Catholic church. I don’t really know why, but I like the ritual and the tradition of the whole thing. My mom would probably kill me if I decided to be Catholic, but then again maybe she wouldn’t. I’ve tried the praying thing, but I don’t feel like I’m very good at it. We only really pray when we want things. I feel like I pray too much for my grades (first world probs).

My October was pretty uneventful. I really do not remember much from it. I went to a pretty lame Halloween party and read the last book in the Divergent series. My grades started to slip sometime in there.

Our appropriate Halloween costumes
November is when all the excitement hit. It went by surprisingly fast, for unusual reasons, but it was a growing up moment. Or multiple moments. It was full of moments of advocation and holding my tongue. Feelings of apprehension over the health someone I barely knew. I couldn’t really figure out why I cared so much. I like to think it’s because I am a good person, but that might just be my ego talking, and I lost out on my chance at free tuition. I did get a boost in my people skills though. I started to feel better about my ability to interact with human beings, and I think I got a pretty good friendship out of the deal.




World's most poorly timed Bitstrip (I didn't know what happened when I made it)
December was basically just finals week, but we had a kick ass Christmas party if I may say so myself. It had the qualities of the personalities of the planners. Laid back, chilled out, and low maintenance, or at least I thought so.

Group shot

Awkward cuddling (People around here seem to be into that)
Where's Waldo? Oh, it's me. 
Another good group shot

Family photo



I basically redid my entire schedule in an angry huff the other day. I’m not sure if that was a mistake or not. Maybe it was a rash decision, but maybe rash decisions can be right ones. Maybe what I was feeling at that moment gave me the courage to do what I wanted to do all semester. But, good news, at least for me, my GPA didn't tank this semester. I now have the grades I thought I needed to make my decision, but I still can’t make a decision. I have a psychology schedule set up, but I could recover the biology. I really need to sit down and make a choice, and I am going to stick by that choice for the semester. I just don’t want to have any regrets.

The semester has come to an end. I'm so glad that classes are over with, but I already sort of miss everyone. Home is boring. But I’m enjoying the break.

~Noelle

So long for now







0 comments:

Post a Comment