September 5, 2013

The Line

The social line of appropriateness is a thin and pale line. We're all tiptoeing around it trying to decipher the reaction of others and do what we feel is the best thing for the situation. We spend our whole lives trying to show our best face and make sure that people see what they want to. But, is that really us? We walk around on egg shells trying not to offend people and to make sure we are what they want to see. We go to work and do exactly what they want us to do, even if its not our normal personalities. We lie to people to make them think that we are more impressive than we really are. We bend the truth. We all do it. 

When were in social situations, the personality relaxes. We tell inappropriate jokes and spend less time thinking about who we are supposed to be. They say the more comfortable you are around people, the more you will tease them. The more inappropriate things you will say around them, and the less you will filter. But, there is a gray area between teasing and actually bothering someone. I, personally, have never been very good at reading social cues. Sometimes I can pick on people's feelings, but usually I am pretty in the dark. If it's really obvious I will understand, but if its subtile it goes over my head. I can never tell when people actually want me to stop or when they are joking about wanting me to stop. So, I've discovered that my constant teasing isn't always welcome, and I have to watch for the point where my playful self meets my sarcastic self and filter. I am a green/orange, notorious for being ass-holes. We get inside our own heads and don't pay attention to anyone else's. 

I'm not much for apologizing. I've always thought just saying what you want to say is the best way to live, but I don't want to go around being a jerk.

So, I'm sorry if offended anyone and although I can't change, I can watch myself. 

~Noelle

Just so this post isn't just me venting my problems, here is another pic from the Shirali collection. I hope she doesn't mind these. If she does, I guess I'll apologize for that too. But, still post it, because they are enjoyable.







0 comments:

Post a Comment