September 3, 2013

DC Recap

Our DC trip began with 4 hours of sleep and a 6 hour car ride. For the most part the trip went off without a hitch. I made 6 Cds for the car ride with an interesting mix of music. Pennsylvania has very nice rest stops but they are few and far between, so we learned to limit the liquids on the ride back. Maryland had awful signage. We got to our hotel which for $70 a night was super classy. If anyone was wondering, the area around the Dunn Loring metro in Vienna has a very similar feeling to Exchange street in Akron except it is more expensive and there are no homeless people trying to get money from you. They are all in the city. 

We spent most of the trip traveling by metro, my favorite thing. My goal in life is to live somewhere with a subway. Preferably DC. I don't even care that it is expensive. I might end up back in Ohio, but I really want to live in a big city for a while. I'm a frugal person but I understand the power of location. We took the metro all over the place including the National Cathedral and the zoo. Our best story of the day revolved around a Chinese waitress demanding a tip from us. 15 percent gratuity! 2 dolla! And I can say those things because its not racist if I'm Asian too. For the record, the restaurant was called New Big Wong. It sucked and Zagat reviews will be hearing about it!




The second day was Museum/Monument Day, yes it was officially named. We saw Air and Space, Natural History, and the National Gallery of Art. The guys enjoyed the space museum, Tate enjoyed the bathroom. The art museum was Tate enjoying the art and the rest of us wanting to leave and finding the worlds derpiest paintings. Natural History was my favorite. The dinosaurs were the highlight of that museum. I really enjoyed the Genome and the Nature photo exhibits. For dinner we dined at a burrito joint called California Tortilla. It had many hot sauce varieties. The 10+ sauce lived up to its name with tears, sweat, and a lot of pop needed.

Jason's hot sauce reaction.

Dan's as well

My favorite painting, Left and Right by Winslow Homer. Although I call it Derpy Ducks.

Jason's favorite, The Skater.


By the time we saw everything, everyone was ready to go home. 3 days with the same people gets exhausting and we needed to do homework, unfortunately.

To close our Labor Day weekend, here is another great Shirali pic!





~Noelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment