July 26, 2014

Late Night Summer Rambles

I originally tried to write a funny post, but this semester turned my this writing space into a contemplate life, the world, and other things deeply, or as deeply as a suburban middle class teenager can, blog so I gave up. The post wasn't very funny and it was really scattered. I've found it is hard to find things to write about in the summer. Life seems to get simpler when we enter these three months. Maybe that isn't true for everyone, and trust me my summer is nothing like the lazy days I experienced before I was expected to be an adult, but it's been simpler. Wake up, do school work, pack lunch, drive to campus, eat lunch, go to class, go to work, go to class, do homework, rinse and repeat. A two class workload moves at a quicker pace, but still is less to worry about than the semester course load. I do miss the days when summer meant playing outside with the kids from the neighborhood, swimming, and reading books I actually wanted to read.

We have passed the midpoint of summer, or what is supposed to be summer. I've had some pretty great times though. I've spent a lot of time hanging out in the apartments of friends and there have been a fair amount of birthday celebrations. I also went to my first MLS game, which was then canceled when someone got stuck by lightning, so I instead got to see my first movie in Columbus. 22 Jump Street, funny flick. It was a weird group but those are always the best one's. No one is mad at anyone else.

I've been thinking a little about happiness after an impromptu bench conversation. My mentality has always been do what makes you happy, but maybe it isn't about what will make us happy, or maybe happiness is temporary, or selfish. Happiness is still of importance, and love, and commitment, and a million other things. But, what makes you happy, or what you think will make you happy, maybe isn't the plan. Maybe there is more to it, but we don't get to know. So all I can say is stick to your guns, laugh often, make great friends, experience everything you can, learn from your mistakes, and do what you feel in your heart is right. You can't anticipate the plan because it writes itself, and life just happens.

Speaking of plans writing themselves (like that segue..) here is my summer, so far, in pictures.
I've spent most of the summer at this place, or in class. 
Shirali sticky noted her entire house to plan her party.
Same party. It was past Madison's bedtime
I spent a night with my Dad. We wandered around Kent State and he told me about May 4,
 and the many connections my family has.
If I remember correctly, a bullet struck though this metal sculpture.
Balloon Fest, an annual thing here in Canton, Ohio.
These firework's sucked. They were all hidden behind clouds

Well, hope everyone's summer is going smoothly. Enjoy the month left to come.

Noelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment