January 31, 2014

Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?

I bring to you a recap of the first (and second) snow day(s) I've had since my junior year of high school.

 It began one fateful afternoon while I was avoiding homework in the residence of Miss Madison Hexter. I received a text to which I was quite shocked, surprised, and confused. I quickly pounded on the bathroom door to have my friend Heather decipher the code that is the University of Akron message system (I'm 99% sure I interrupted a pee). After confirming this momentous occasion, I quickly closed my Organic Chemistry book, and there was much dancing and happiness. Even Madison found it in her heart (and head) to discontinue homework for this period of celebration. The halls flooded with people ready to celebrate their extended weekend. I even broke my one hug a day rule. With the excitement, came an RA that yelled at us for the noise at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. But, it was worth it.

Vacant Akron streets. It's a little fuzzy because it's hard to get a good picture while running on slippery snow.

To kick off our snow day, Monday, we planned an exciting day in the snow. This lasted maybe 20 minutes before we realized there was a reason we had no school, it was cold. So, we decided to enjoy a relaxing afternoon of Disney movies including classic favorites like the Lion King and Aladdin. There is a reason children play in the snow, they enjoy the hot chocolate afterwards.







Tuesday was a a day to do homework that wasn't done on Sunday. Someone named Shirali Patel did her Sapling without me (#betrayal), so I spent most of the day doing that, and getting distracted by anything that existed. After much anticipation, we finally had a group Wing Night. It was freezing and the wait was an hour long, but that's part of the adventure. Throughout the week we played a card game. There is much controversy over the actual name of said game. It's either Up and Down the River or Up the River, Down the River. I personally like the latter title. It's nice to get a break sometimes and do childish things like watch Disney movies and stuff your face with wings. But breaks only last so long, and now it's back to normal monotony of the spring semester.

Stay Warm,

Noelle


1 comment:

  1. That's the one thing about not living on campus...I missed out on hanging out with all of you fun and amazing people!!

    ReplyDelete